Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pondering a name...

So I know a few of you already know this but Jackson is getting two dobermans this spring. After much begging I have finally given in and actually become excited about the idea of having a good protective, non shedding dog around. We've had two dogs in the 11 years we've been married. The first was a german shephard that we got the day I found out Stockton was a boy. His name was Dozer. We had him for a while and one day he decided to jump the fence and the pound caught him and fined us. So we didn't have the money for a bigger fence and with a new baby he wasn't a house dog so we gave him to a cousin of mine. Dozer is much happier now living in the Virgin Islands...wonder if I can go live with them too...haha.

Then there was Sophie. She was our Golden Retriever. We got her from Sean and Rachel when she was I think 3. We had her for a couple years until one day she just went nuts. She'd been a house dog for awhile since she learned how to climb the fence (I am seeing a pattern here) and so we kept her in the house. However one day it was like she had lost her mind, she started acting like a puppy again, peeing everywhere and when we got that stopped we just thought she needed to be somewhere else. So a friend suggested a friend and we gave her to her. She shed too much too for Stockton so these new dogs will be great!

Well on to the reason for my blog today. Jackson is getting a male and everything he's read it was better to have a male and female than two males so I am getting the girl...obviosley. So I am in search for a name...yes Amber a name. I don't want anything sissy, as Julie and I discovered this morning Fifi and Cuddles just aren't going to cut it for my dobe. She will be a red/brown color (hopefully the litter produces one).

How cute is that!

So all you who read this if you have any ideas or suggestions please email them my way.

Couldn't resist this picture, I just love it!

1 comment:

Julie Nephew said...

I think you need to see the dog before committing 100% to a name. Maybe Sally sounds good now, but when you see her, she may not fit the name. Now, don't start asking me about what qualities a dog needs to be a Sally because it just depends on the dog owner. :)