Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Octavian was cracking me up with his hand up there. It was sooo cute! I was getting ansy so Suz woke up Xavier for me...and here we are :)
We're so cute together, he liked me so much when I first got him he threw up all over me. This was after Suz gave me a clean shirt to wear. :) I got to feed him since he gave me what he ate before I got there. Here he is right before.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
This was Jackson's 2nd race and my 4th...we had a good Friday and Saturday on our mini vacation but Sunday not so much.
So to back up a bit we drove down on Friday after we dropped the boys off at school. Saturday we met up with everyone for our annual night before the race italian dinner. Which was at Carrabas's once again. :)
SO moving back ahead...I should have planned this blog better but oh well...after the race we always go to Pappasitos. They have the best beef fajita meat eva!!! We were starting to feel a little better about this time, and dreading the long drive home.
We hope to have a good race in Oklahoma City in April...anyone want to join us?
Thursday, December 11, 2008
We were hoping to beat our time from last year but now we are just going to be thankful to finish. We've all worked hard so hopefully that will pay off in the race! Wish us luck!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
So all you who read this if you have any ideas or suggestions please email them my way.
Monday, December 8, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper because I like to make my own pertty bows
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way! Jackson wants a real tree super bad, but 2 dobermans and a real tree really don't sound like that would mix well.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually a week or two before Thanksgiving, by the time Thanksgiving gets here I don't have time to decorate.
4. When do you take the tree down? I used to wait until New Years but now I end up doing it Christmas weekend depending on if I am ready for my house to be back to normal.
5. Do you like eggnog? no way ewe!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? don't remember
7. Hardest person to buy for? guy stocking stuffers
8. Easiest person to buy for? Janie
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have the willow tree, I love it!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course and this year I took on the job of making my own!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? clothes probably
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph :)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in November, sometimes if I see something earlier I'll go ahead and pick it up.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? only dirty santa ones
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nanny's chocolate pie, or any of the assorted candies we make.
16. Lights on the tree? white lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know?
18. Travel at Christmas time or stay home? for the last few years I've had Christmas at my house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel right now.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Just depends on what the day's plan holds
22. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? going to my Grandmas for Christmas morning
23. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how old, I just remember knowing that it was my mom's handwriting on the tag.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? the traditional is always good, but I do enjoy Jackson's side meals, we always do something different: mexican, italian, soups, finger foods, this year I think we are doing mexican pile on.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Twilight soundtrack
So why is it wrong to want someone to call you instead of calling them everytime and getting in trouble because you never call?
So why is it that Santa and "Holiday" are everywhere but we really wouldn't be having Christmas, yeah that's right, it's called Christmas people, if Christ wasn't born for us?
So why is everyone claiming it's hard when they still have jobs and gas is 1/3 of what it was when no one was complaining?
So why is it that saying you are a Christian automatically makes non Christians think you are better than them, when in reality it's the total opposite, we are saying we know we are sinners and we want to change!
So why is it that when you are in a restaurant and you order a pepsi and they offer you a coke? (they taste nothing alike)
So why is it that we all tend to be nice to certain people just to get what we want, why can't we just be nice all the time?
So why is it so hard to take care of that growing baby inside of you for 9 months instead of being selfish about what you could be missing out on, it's just nine months and that baby didn't choose to be concieved.
So why is it that people think the Bible has changed, it's not changed, it's still the same one from the beginning.
So why does Peter not have his powers back yet...or does he?