Saturday, August 23, 2008

The beginning of the training.

Well I thought I'd blog on the beginning of our training season. This will be my 4th 1/2 marathon and my goal is to have the best time. A little background from the last 3 races...the 1st one I ran with Cindy in Oklahoma City and it was okay for our 1st one. 2nd race I ran with Cindy and Julie in Dallas and it was PHENOMENAL!!!!! We felt super awesome (well most of us felt super awesome...luv u C :) ) and we got about the same time as before but the feeling with this one was just awesome! We thought it was going to be in the 80's and we weren't so pumped but then God was so very kind to us and it was in the 40's. It again was just awesome! So then there's the 3rd one...well lets just say it was not my best run. My running partner was injured and my other running partner lives roughly 568 miles away. So training was done with my oh so wonderful husband who instead of running with me biked beside me on my long runs. I did some and I do say some of the short runs alone. The rest I just skipped. I'd been running for a year and a half pretty regularly why can't I do this one with less training...well I was wrong...oh so wrong. I did however get about the same time as my last two but it was the worse running day/race ever! So that all said my goal for this race is to get our best time yet...yes girls I am making this your goal too...which I already know it is, and for us to feel so very awesome once again in Dallas with another super cool run day. However there is only one rule: no giving blood or any other bodily fluids for that matter. They changed the last 5K and we are super pumped to learn how much faster it really is. 111 days and counting...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Best run EVER! I'm claiming Dallas as our "place of blessing" and in this case, we are sure to have another "best run ever" in December. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I say lets all have our "best run ever" on the same day. Novel concept, huh? -Cindy :)

Jamie said...

Amen to that!!!!