Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Running update/challenge to partner(s)

So I was reading the other day about Jennifer Lopez competing in her first triathlon. I thought to myself...JLo did a triathlon...mmmm, I can do a triathlon, if she can. So I clicked on what her's consisted of and it said 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike ride, and a 4 mile run. Okay now, peice of cake! It took her 2 hrs and around 23 minutes I believe. If we can run a half marathon in 2 1/2 hrs who's saying we can't do that in that time as well. Where we would train for 1/2 mile swim sounds a little iffy but girls I so think this could be done. So I am challenging you two to think about this. Maybe next year or the next, but I would like to see us do this. You with me?



I am sooo excited about how our running is progressing. We've come back quickly from being off for so long. When we started we were averaging around 12 min miles. We are now averaging around 10.30 min miles. As Julie would say "WHAT'S UP!!!" We are feeling awesome with no injuries and we have one more week of our run/walk buildup before we are running the full mileage on our training schedule. We are still hoping the mojo from last year is there again. Keep cheering for us!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT'S UUUUUP! I think a triathalon would be fun except for the fact that I don't know how to swim and neither does my mom. Do you plan on giving us lessons? And what pool are we supposed to practice in? Do they have biathalons? Just running and biking? :)

Anonymous said...

Funny, funny girl. Do you know how to save a drowning, middle aged woman, with arms flailing in panic??? That is soooooo not a pretty picture. Just count me in for the biathalon :)
-Cindy