Thursday, September 4, 2008

The number 11.

So in 2 days I will be married for 11 years. 11 years. I thought 10 was huge since it was double digits but 11 seems HUGE! I am so very blessed to have Jackson. He's a wonderful provider, hard worker, fabulous husband, and an awesome daddy. I look at other people's marriages and realize just how blessed I am. Some may have a fabulous husband but he's not such a good dad, or lazy or this list could go on. I, on the other hand, was blessed with a man who is great at everything he does; from his time in the military, to his family, to his job. I doubt Jackson will read this but if he did he'd be totally embarrassed. I, however, am not and am so proud to be his wife!



We got married young. I was 18 and he was 20. He was already enlisted in the Army and stationed at Ft Campbell, KY. My grandma drove me down there the day I turned 18, literally that day, in June of 97. We were married 3 months later by a justice of the peace. She was probably in her late 60's early 70's and offered to marry us in her home so we could have a better setting then the courthouse. She was so sweet. It cost less than $50 and took less than 5 minutes. I would have loved to had a big wedding, but looking back, I wouldn't change a thing.


A lot of stuff happens in 11 years. He served his 3 years in the Army and we moved back to Ponca March of 99, had Jake Sept 99, Stockton Feb 03. We've had our ups and downs, but who hasn't? It's been an awesome 11 years.



I looked up what the gift ideas were for 11 years and traditional is steel. Exactly what does that mean? Modern is jewelry (not a jewelry girl, he's probably thankful for that). And place was New York City. Now that'd be fun! :) Flowers associated with the 11th anniversary are morning glories. The Gemstone list shows Hematite and Turquoise. I went ahead and looked up ideas for steel, maybe some girls are okay with this but it sounds funny to me. Some gift ideas are cutlery, stainless steel toaster, and steel oriented gifts (said to search Amazon.com) so funny to me. I also looked up why they chose those gemstones and here's what it said.


{Turquoise: This stone stands for success in Love and is said to keep it's colour only when in sympathy with its wearer. Should the wearer change their affection the stone fades from blue to a greenish tint. Hematite is a type of Iron Ore. It is said to enhance personal magnetism, will and courage. Some people also believe it is beneficial for blood flow, stress and the nerves.}

I love the blood flow, stress and nerves part. What are they really trying to say? HA.

When we were first married and I was totally in love. I couldn't have imagined that 11 years from then I would be more in love. I am excited to see how big it grows 20 years from now.





3 comments:

Julie Nephew said...

That is one of my fav pics of you two. Awww - so sweet - makes me wanna puke. Just messing!!! (haha). I'm so glad we get to spend the day together on your 11th! It will be such a 'romantic' day.

Jamie said...

Oh yeah my idea of romance...OU football baby!!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet...and it didn't make me want to puke!!! Contgrats.
Cindy :)