Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just plain thankful!!

I think I did one of these blogs last year when we were doing our blog the straight month of November but I want to do another one because I just don't say enough how thankful I am for the things I love and that are in my life. So here goes...

I am thankful for God. I am thankful that He is there in all the things we do and that He remains faithful no matter what we do, because that's just who HE is! Thank you GOD!

I am thankful for my family, immediate and extended. Some people don't have family and we take them for granted alot.

I am thankful that God gave me a good man, scratch that an awesome man! He loves God with all his heart and I am so blessed to have a man that loves his family and wants to be a good dad and IS a great dad! There are so many dads out there that aren't or that don't want to be apart of their kids lives or that simply are too lazy to be a dad. I love that I don't have to ask him to "watch" our kids...um he's the dad, it's a shared responsibility and I love that he's always felt that way. He's not afraid of work and will do whatever it takes to provide for his family, lazy men are so annoying. I am just so very blessed!

I am thankful for my two boys. Jake is so sweet and so sensitive to everyone's needs and always wants to do good and is really disappointed when he doesn't. He is so smart, it just amazes Jackson and I each day. Stockton is amazing as well, yet in his own way. He is boy thru and thru and wants to help with anything you are doing, mainly daddy if he's working outside. He isn't scared of anything. I sometimes wonder if he knows deep down he may not live as long as a healthy child has the potential too because he lives each day to the fullest, doing whatever and not being scared of anything new.

I am thankful for a roof over my head and a car to drive. I am thankful for my job(s).

I am thankful for all my friends, (you know who you are) from dressing alike without knowing, to Twilight movies on opening night (even though we're missin New Moon on opening night), to the memories of writing stories in Coach White's computer class, to running the long runs and the short runs, being excited for new babies and lovin them all almost as much as my own, hanging at Starbucks (well when we had one), laughing until we cry, "spiked" peach tea, making cards or trying to because we can't stop talking or you are just plain slow ;), getting matching tattoos. There's a ton more but I better stop there.

I am thankful that I can run 1/2 marathons, thankful that my body allows me to do this.

I am thankful for so much but here's a list of simple stuff that comes to mind (not in any particular order) green tea lattes, air, sushi, a good hair cut and color, my dogs, water, flip flops, nice fitting clothes, babies that like to smile at me, days I get to spend with Jackson, baking with the boys, diet dr pepper, Lori, good family photos, desserts, tattoos, tv, movies, sharing joys with my friends and so much more.

1 comment:

Julie Nephew said...

I'm so thankful for u dear friend...even if you psh me...