Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

Halloween seemed to come and go so quickly. I still have 3 pumpkins sitting on my porch waiting to be carved. Guess they'll end up Thanksgiving themes.

This year for Halloween Jake initially wanted to be a mummy. I unwillingly agreed. I went out and bought a white sheet, tea stained it, and then proceded to rip it to shreds.

The boys are in Awanas and have been since they were old enough to go and this year they let the kids dress up for Wednesday night. Oh were they excited. So I take off early to go start on Jake's costume. I got about one and a half arms done and I had had it! So I brought him up to the office and my wonderful mother in law finished him up for me. Of course after she had to unwind my bang up job. It took her 2 hours but Jake was very patient. By the time it was over we had all unanimously decided we weren't doing that again. I am sad to admit this, but I have no photo to share of the mummy that Janie so willingly created! Yes I know...horrible.

So for the rest of the two dress up days he was Karate Kid and Stockton was still a Cowboy. And what a cute cowboy he was:



And here's Jake in the new and improved (meaning super easy to get on and off) costume:



They ended up with a lot of candy that we still have over half of, but fun was had all around!!


1 comment:

Julie Nephew said...

I love Jake's face in the last pic. Too funny!!!