Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One of the most wonderful days of Jake's life and ours as parents!

Jake and I were discussing the other day different things in the Bible and the subject of angels and demons came up. We were discussing the different things each does, etc. He asked me if a demon could get inside of you and I replied only if you aren't a Christian. I believe that if the Holy Spirit lives inside of you there is no room for evil to dwell there also! Now this doesn't mean it can't attach itself to you but that's a whole other story.

1 John 4:4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

So Jake asked how he could keep that from happening and I said by believing that Christ died for your sins and now lives in your heart. He said oh I do and I have for a long time now, and then he got this sad look on his face and said but I haven't been baptized. I asked him why he hadn't told me this before and he said he had told other people, oops should have told your mom dude! :) So of course we keep talking and I asked why did Christ die for us and he answered for our sins. So we went on about that and what sins were and what it meant to be saved and so forth. I asked him if he was ready to go down front at Church and he said yes he was! So wonderful. God is good!! We are so proud and blessed. I was not baptized until I was 20 and I wanted my children to have so much more and know Jesus early on in life so they can make better decisions than I did. I know this doesn't make one perfect, by all means, I am not claiming I am perfected, however I do try to strive for it and with God's strength that He gives us we can move thru this world knowing we have a secure place, thru His son Jesus, up in Heaven!!


John 3:16-17 For God loved the world so much that He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him!

AMEN!! What a wonderful feeling to know that my son will be right up there with Jackson and I when the time comes. Stockton and I have discussed this alot lately because I do not want him to not know and he knows as well! So awesome.

2 comments:

Julie Nephew said...

I'm so excited for you and especially Jake. This is the first I had heard this story and was so happy to hear about it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Go God!!
Good job, Jamie :)
*Cindy*