Friday, November 7, 2008

There's Always Something to be Thankful for!

I decided to blog on what I am thankful for today in spite of the recent events that have happened from the unfortunate election of Obama and the sad news of possible Conoco moves. I know this sounds like a blog I should be doing for Thanksgiving but I felt I should do this anyways.


First and foremost I am thankful that I have Jesus. I am thankful that He died for me, even though I am so not worthy. If you do not know Jesus you really should!! He's an awesome listener and redeemer. I'm thankful for Jackson, the most wonderful gift from God. I am thankful that he is always there and always knows just the right things to say and do. I am thankful for my 2nd most wonderful gift from God...my boys. I'm thankful for Jake and the ways he is so caring and sensitive and so creative. Stockton for living life to the fullest each and everyday. He can teach us all a thing or two about life. Having an incurable disease does that I suppose. But I am thankful to God for intrusting Stockton to us. I am thankful for my Mom for without her I wouldn't be here. love you mom. I am thankful for my cousin Lori! Secret twins at heart. I'm thankful for my inlaws. I am so thankful for all my friends. I am thankful for my oldest friend Jami that she has come to be the person I knew she always could be! I'm thankful for my 2nd oldest friend Suzanne and her always being there through out my life no matter what. I'm thankful for the miracle of those two precious baby boys she's carrying so well!! I'm thankful for Jasper and being so patient with my learning of the Bible and being a great running partner and being able to calm pretty much anything I need calmed. I'm thankful for my loud friend Julie and just simply being her loud funny self and calling each other 20 times a day and being able to hang up on a whim when one of us gets busy. I'm thankful to have gotten to know Laurie and can't wait to learn more from that funny woman! I'm thankful for Cindy and our learning to run together and becoming the friends we always will be.

I'm thankful for the little things: the smell of a fresh cut hay field, horses, farms, scrapbooking, laughing, Arkalalah, shopping, baking, cooking, gardens, laughing, girls trips, Twilight, tattoos, fellowships, movies, dj'ing in the car and probably driving everyone else crazy, sitting close, electric blankets, running 8, 9, 10 or 11 or more miles and the feeling you have after, when you know you just ran that far, running and having something to talk about the entire time, good run days where you feel like you could go forever, diving in Cozumel and looking at your computer when you've accidentally gone down to 94 feet, the fish that you see and the sharks you hope to not see, laughing so hard and it getting caught on camera, being totally and madly in love with a husband that adores me, bunko, trying to beat the Julie Brietzke of golf, laughing so hard at blogs that you are crying, crying at others because they were gracious enough to share that with you, blogging everyday for the month of November, turning leaves, snow, sushi, facebook, Beth Moore Bible studies, Sun n Fun, and having a good tan. I am sure I could go on all day, maybe that will be what I do for my Thanksgiving blog. I am thankful for every single person in my family and life. Thanks for everything and everyone that is apart of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I how do love hearing from a grateful heart and I'm sure God does too. I'm thankful that you showed up that first day of Boot Camp (when you wanted to back out) and thankful that you didn't give up on running after our first race (like you threatened) and thankful that you didn't forget about me when I moved away. Have a great day, girlfriend. :)
-Cindy-

Julie Nephew said...

I am so thankful that you are my friend!!! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Unknown said...

Fajitas...I'm thankful for fajitas...

Anonymous said...

Great blog! It really puts things in perspective. There is always something to be thankful for. Nathan and I were just saying that last night. Sure, we may have to move, which neither of us want to do. But even if we have to leave our wonderful friends, church, this town we've come to love, and our new house, we will still have each other and Solomon. That won't change, and for that, we're thankful!