Monday, November 3, 2008

The long awaited Arkalalah blog...

Arkalalah came and went so fast this year and I missed the parade again. However running 7 miles and standing in a crowd of thousands just doesn't sound like that should follow the other. So needless to say I just went to our annual girls night out. Which was more than enough fun!!

The girls that went with me have all been to Arkalalah except Laurie, this was her first year and I do believe she had a good time:



Although she is from Arkansas she still has all her teeth, the chocolate covered cheesecake was a hit if you can't tell! :)

I have been going to Arkalalah since I was a baby. I can't remember a time not going (except for maybe when I lived in Tennessee for 2 years) at least to something that they have in the week of festivities. So we have made Thursday night a girls trip to Arkalalah. And boy oh boy do we have a good time...



We leave right after work and drive down there...this year Nephew and I were the dj's for the trip, they probably won't ask us to do it again next year...gotta love some Sir Mix Alot and Vanilla Ice every now and again. We arrived in Ark City and first thing we do is scope out what we want to eat first. My favorite thing to eat at Arkalalah is a bierock. So Yummy!!!


No idea what was so funny though. So on we go after the oh so yummy bierock stop to find what everyone else wanted. Jasper and I decided to split some fried pickles. She really thought they needed ketchup, I however was fine with the ranch they had given us, so we start scouting out a place that has some ketchup. Low and behold we found some or should I say "our retarded friend Jasper" found some:


She went running over, screaming about the ketchup and people all just stared, oh my it was so funny. So we had to savor the moment by the above picture. :)

After we got the initial food we decided to walk around the carnival and look at all the rides that no one would ride with me. :( When we were done there I of course if you know me had to go to the bathroom. Porta potties do not bother me one bit so off I go. Julie however thought the moment needed to be captured:



SO on we went after that wonderful experience to hunt down our favorite food stand of all...the chocolate covered cheesecake!! After the cheesecake was the hot chocolate...it was so cold that night. Here we are waiting at the hot chocolate stand being a bit goofy...

And I have no idea what I was thinking but this picture of Laurie and I totally cracks me up!!

And then Jasper and I patiently waiting for our hot chocolate, I do love my running partner!



And one of Nephew and I...if you've ever been around us, we are constantly in tears from laughing...I don't even think we know half the time what exactly we are laughing at...

All in all I am sure you can tell it was a funfilled evening that we will do years to come! I will leave you with the last event of the night...yes I had to go the the bathroom yet once again...and this time it was a new potty! They decided to make it a camera moment yet again. The first one is Laurie not agreeing obviously in my choice of restrooms and then the lovely exit is the next one.





It will be a much anticipated fun time for next year!


2 comments:

Julie Nephew said...

Yeah yeah yeah! I still say we should always be the DJ's!

Anonymous said...

fun, fun, fun!
I really do love your blond hair. Don't ever go dark again...or pink...or purple...or, oh well, you catch my drift!
Cindy :)